One night at Fountain about 1980 I was riding shotgun in my buddy's 440 6pack Auto w/4.10 Dana 71 Charger we didn't know back then it was one of 98 made .
Well Mikey Petito (drunk Mike) was there with a 68 Cuda that was definitely more race than street, he may of had a slick on it too.
Mike had a habit of if he got in front of you he would take your lane so as to insure his win.
I think we bet 50 or 100 and then with all the side bets we heard it was pretty GREEN.

The race comes off and of course Mike has us out of the box, when the charger hit second gear those carb's were pulling us past Mike's quarter panel.
Mikey start pushing us over to the left and my buddy isn't going to give up so his foot stays through the radiator and his white letter tires are scuffing the left divider.
Mike made it so bad that we had to stay just behind him till the end.

We come back around to the start and my friend is pissed and Mikey wants his money, gets in our faces, one of our good friend's that was well know as a guy to not screw with ( not to mention his own Black Chevelle that I'll get to later) pulls Mike aside and sets him straight. We offered to even run again with our radial tired Yellow Submarine but Mikey declined knowing the outcome.
That was the only time I ever saw any tension down there.
Ron

Last edited by RJS; 01/01/14 07:16 PM.