Quote:

Certain BB Cuda was probably Billy from upstate. He had that thing on kill covertly running high 11's with stock HP exhaust manifolds way before the F.A.S.T guys were in vogue. All due respect to the F.A.S.T guys.
Drunk Mike or Budweiser Mike was no joke on the go pedal and steering. The more he drank, the better he drove and cut a mean hand drop.
I DO NOT condone drinking and driving, especially racing.
For the record, Fountain lost its edge once the un-appreciates bled over from Columbia St. aka Redhook.

LQ,

Those weren't HP manifolds on Billy Bellafatto's 'Cuda--they were standard 350 hp 440 exhaust manifolds; at least on the left side from what I recall. I know because I saw them and Billy himself told me he only had to grind about an 1/4 from the left side to clear the steering column or linkage. Car ran very good, would've run a li'l quicker with special A-body/B-engine HP exhaust manifolds (very rare back then). I Billy's candy red 'Cuda on the street on "South Ave.", at Raceway Park more than once, and even in an article in one of the Mopar magz (Mopar High Performance or Mopar Action) of the day.

Qwik426

Last edited by Qwik426; 06/08/10 10:18 AM.