BACK TO THE STORIES----------
SO one night I'm sitting at the World's Fair Marina and a guy comes in with a BEAUTIFUL triple black '70 Hemi 'cuda on a trailer. This is a big-tire car & looked like it could easily be a nice S/S car. A real young guy (17 or so) gets out of the tow car & simply walks away & melts into the crowd. People start crawling all over the car----still no one owns up to owning the car. After a short time the cops show up & start chasing everyone out until there's just this 'cuda & a handful of cars. The cop starts yelling: "Who owns this car, gentlemen?!?! I'll tow it off, I really don't care!" he's shouting like this several times, then finally this kid shows up doesn't say anything & gets in the tow car & drives off.
Now what strikes weird about all this is, as far as I know, no one set up a race, the cop didn't do or say anything more to the owner & I never saw the car again either there or at any of the surrounding NY/NJ tracks. Rumor had it the kid's big brother built the car so maybe the brother took it & actualy used it somewhere.