Quote:

Quote:

I didn't start my street racing until the early 70's but I was lucky that my neighborhood was full of guys a little older than I who took me with them. This crowd included big block Chevelles and Camaros plus a lot of RoadRunners and even a couple of Six Pack cars. I grew up in central Conn so we had the Berlin Turnpike where a real mean black 67 Hemi GTX hung out and the East West service roads in Hartford. It was a great time to be young. I remember one of the older guys had Tourette's syndrome pretty bad where he couldn't hardly carry on a conversation but after three beers he settled down, stopped shaking and could really row his 4 speed Chevelle with the best of them, go figure!. The streets today are too crowded to do the same stuff but it was fun then.
Joey

I was there at that time with a 70 RR. Berlin Turnpike and East Hartford light to light. The fun would start usually on Thursday night and carry thru till Sunday. Was there about 4 years ago and met Kissalien and a few others at Burger king on the pike. And the Hartford drive in was closed.

I remember the East Hartford stoplight to stoplight stuff, I was back home in May for the first time in a looong time and couldn't believe the traffic, no way that stuff could go on today.
Joey