Quote:

1982,i was cruising in the 69 gts to the left,383,big cam 850,headers,and 4.56's...i keep seeing a black 340 dart pacing me from behind,through town. i thought to myself,i have him covered big time,so why not? finally we line up on the last light leaving town...now mind you,my dad has the biggest insurance agency in town,and is the bailbondsman,and he told me"dont EVER call me to get bailed out"...so usually i was careful,but...well you know,no punk in a 340,can get away with,that look,that smirk.so we rev'd,and i like to leave strong,so we do,and through my first,we are side by side,i powershift into 2nd at 6500,and pull on him HARD.as my eyes drift away from the tach,i look to the left,then hard to the left!....i failed to see the white,and black chevy suburban sitting at he light we just passed....opps,local sheriff dept! i let the dart pass me,and slide behind him,and like right now,the cops are pushing me to the curb,HARD! they cut me off,and blocked me,like they just busted the mob or something,and the passenger gets out,screaming at me,long story,short,RECKLESS DRIVING! so i tell dad,and all he says is fight it,it wont cost any more,so i did,and see the dart kid there to testify against me.after a hour,the clerk comes to tell me,the cop didnt show,and charges are dropped,and all dad did is smile...thanks dad! miss him bad,lost him in 1988
somehow i cant get the attach pic to come up,after i resize

It won't show up with the text because it is a bmp type of picture. You might want to change it to a jpg. jpg pictures also take up LOTS LESS space on your computer.

Tom

"Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown