Quote:

I think newer technology & an abundence of specialized parts have made AMCs a worthwhile build. In talking with a friend who's an AMC fanatic I learned how to build a 427 AMC with the same bore/stroke ratio as a big-block Chevy. Talk about a sleeper! Couple that shortblock with a set of Indy's AMC race heads (Hell use their alum too!), throw it in a Gremlin or Pacer & clean-up! Between the rev potential & the breathe-ability of the heads EASY 9-sec. street runs are possible.

Since it's been so long ago, anyone want to divulge the set-ups they ran in their cars back then? I think alot would be surprised how mild some of the stuff really was compared to today

with ya H-Cop. It's the age of "old school basics" with "new school technology"!! The
concept is time proven. That 427 sleeper is just a peek at what is to come on the streets and strips. The cars back then were very hard running in their day, but take the same buildup, exploit it with today's technology and you can run a second to two faster!!

Last edited by HYPER8oSoNic; 07/18/10 08:02 PM.

"Stupidity is Ignorance on Steroids"
"Yeah, it's hopped to over 160" (quote by Kowalski in the movie Vanishing Point 1970 - Cupid Productions)