Quote:

As a matter of FACT, I did RUN South Avenue. I was the lead and (not to hoot my own horn) celebrated flag man there and at Fountain Ave for about three years straight.
I ran a tight ship with organizing the competition and setting off the action in a timely and respectful manner. Sought of a Gentle mans thug dance I may say.
I was haunting the place when Tony D. was running Fords and Mopars as well as Drunk Mike and his strong Mopars and box Nova's.

I was also at 1st Avenue Brooklyn when it made it's short and celebrated come back a little further north on 45th St.

Yep, I can testify to that! L.Q. was da man! I never made it out to Brooklyn but did see the races this gentleman "at large" initiated on Thursday nights in the late-1980s on Staten Island (after leaving the car show at the Masters shopping center) on the service road soon as you get off the Goethels Bridge.

Btw, L.Q. you KNOW who this is. You once sat in my F-6 green, 426 Street Hemi-powered 1968 GTX in the late 1980s at Raceway Park, Englishtown, NJ as I was fueling up on some Cam 2 at the track's 'filling station.' Remember now?

Qwik 426

Last edited by Qwik426; 06/08/10 08:52 AM.