I always had a hard time writing guys for streetracing---kinda hard to do when you've done it yourself. . The few I did write I always got a conviction and they got the maximum penalty (8pts/ $1000 fine) as it was an aggravated situation and the Prosecutor was smart enough to bring up my racing experience to substantiate I knew just WHAT a race was.
One time 2 guys had the same Court date & one goes in to testify on behalf of the other. The first claimed his car couldn't even do the 100mph+ the report said. When presented with photos of the car the Judge didn't buy it & convicted him. The second guy goes to Court & pleads with the Prosecutor to let him go with the same penalty as the first guy,as he was looking at a license revocation. The Prosecutor asked me what I thought. Since he was doing the same thing, I thought it was only fair he got the same punishment. The Prosecutor & Judge bought into it, & like the first guy, it cost him 1k & 8pts--somehow the Judge ignored the potential revocation. The funny thing was both guys could've avoided the whole problem except when I had stopped the first guy & said "Nice street race!", figuring I'd give him a warning, he said " F#$k You! Prove it!"...I did....

Last edited by hemicop; 11/09/09 01:38 PM.