Funny you should mention 150th--I knew a Housing Authority cop, I won't mention his name 'cause he works for a well-known engine builder now, that lived near there & had a certain yellow Gremlin he streetraced alot. The neat thing was his "shop"(home) was right nearby. He was the first guy I knew that raced an automatic (Vitar to be specific)and did quite well for himself on & off the track. Last I heard he had an original S/S AMX he occassionally races at E-town.
But to get back to some stories--- one night at Connecting Hwy the cops tried to disperse everyone by opening the hydrants along the access road & let the water run down the Hwy, figuring no one would run on a wet road. My friend goes over & tries to shut off one of the hydrants & gets jumped by 2 NYPD Highway Patrolmen who arrest him for "Disrupting Govermental Justice" . His parents have to bail him out over by the precinct near Queens Blvd. I never figured out the "justice" of risking kids racing on a road soaked by "government officials" yet trying to prevent a potenntially serious wreck was "disruptive"