Was glad to see this post come alive again. Fun reading.

Made me recall one more story from the 70's. Lived right out the outskirts of Rochester, MN and had a nice, new 4 lane road at the end of the block which worked out good for trying out changes made to my 61 Lancer wagon. I'd low profile it down the street (neighbors didn't care for the open headers), get on the 4 lane, check for traffic and make a pass. I'd then quickly drive back home, into the garage and shut the door. I'd do this once or twice a month probably during the summer when we'd hit the drag strip every chance we got.

One day late summer I stopped to talk with a neighbor I'd not met before, who lived on the 4 lane. He was working on a 55 Chevy so I'd stopped to visit.

While we're talking a red Porsche goes by at high speed. Leo says, "damn it there goes another one" I asked what he meant.

"There's a weird looking green wagon that shows up out here and acts like this road is a drag strip. My brother is a county sheriff and they keep trying to catch the guy. No one knows who it is" I just said "oh"

Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way