I have another "quick " one to tell..
Back in '88 I still had my '70 Bee as my only ride. I just got married in June and my new bride didn't dig my Bee. Said it scared her, yeah, whatever. She comes up with an idea to buy another car for me as a late wedding present from her. We end up driving home in a 72 340 4spd Lemon twist Demon for $1600. we moved into our own place in rural Hamburg PA and settle in. I make friend's with the next door neighbor who bleeds Chevy. You guys/ gals know how friendships go like that..
Here's the story of ONE particular evening.
New wife and I are coming home from visiting my Mom in town. I'm on 12th street in Reading which is 2 lanes running one way. Pull up to a stop sign and hear this roar and tires screech waaay behind us. I look up and see a 68/69 Chevelle and a 69 Camaro coming up sideways (burning rubber) toward me. The Camaro lines up- I look over and see 396 on the fender..I think "we're dead." I look at my wife and she says "go for it!" I rev it up and Nail it. I have 323's in it so I know that I only need to make one shift to the next stop sign and I can red line at 65 MPH or so. I LEAVE this guy spinning his wheels and wait for him at the stop sign. He has a hot looking blonde with him (but so did I) and she's looking uncomfortable. He rev's it up even higher (noticeably surprised and p*ssed) I let her rip again- same game plan/ same result. Now when he lines up I thought he was gonna throw a rod for how high hes reving it..His girls shaking her head no at this ...I floor it and take off and let him seeing taillights again. he turned off and never saw him again. Camaro #1 down for the night.
Later that night me and my Chevy buddies (can you say that in the same sentence?) go out for some cruising on 5th st highway outside of Temple PA. 2 lane in - 2 lane out. FUN. Pat (my neighbor ) has a very nice 68 Camaro- original 327 w/ turbo 350 and 410 gears, Rallye green white stripe. he tells me that he's gonna dust me. OK....
We line up heading out of town. It's 2 lanes at the traffic light and roughly a bit more than 1/4 mile turns into 1 lane- whoever wins GETS the lane. he yells 1.2.3. Floor it! I nail it and grab 3 gears ahead. I got 3/4 of a car on him as I shift into 4th. I barely hold him off as the lane ends. he can't believe it. We're running again. No problem Bro. Pack your lunch. we do it again and the same thing. I beat him TWICE!! camaro #2 for the evening. and the excuses come out later... Gotta hit the hay for now. I have one more for the night to tell...

Last edited by Two Lane; 03/28/11 02:37 AM.

"Do you know why I stopped you?"- "No" - "Your license plate was laid down"- "Oh that,- that only happens when I Floor it"