Well I used to own a '69 Chrysler 300 convert.
T7 Bronze/black top-guts with a 440-727 combo,stock short block,509 d.c.cam,stock heads,aftermarket intake/carb/headers and 8 3/4 rear with 3.91's...and about 4,400 lbs!
I used to race alot in the Mt.Clemens area back in the mid-late 80's....there was an industrial section of shops off of Groesbeck/Hall Roads, and all the good muscle cars would hang out there, including a burgundy Hemi Roadrunner (which still goes by the name of Rat Poison to this day).We would race off of a two lane wide freeway on ramp to I-94 which was about a mile long it seemed. Anyway, one night I was hanging out in the parking lot with a few friends around 1am or so on a Friday night, and this guy with a nearly new '86 Buick Grand National walks up and says "what am I doing here with that "big barge" and a few other comments about my 300,saying this is no place for that kinda car!So I say if you wanna race me just say the word, or get the @#*& out of my face...he says sure lets go for it...50 bones...I say meet me at the on ramp, of course half the crowd follows us over to the spot. My friends get out of my 300 and wait on the shoulder with the other onlookers, the Buick and I line up at the start of the on-ramp and somebody from the crowd flags us...I put the column shifter into first and rev up against the converter...the Buick is up on his converter as well.The flagger motions if we are ready to go, I give a quick wave and were really revving the motors by now.
Well the flagger drops his arms and both of us leave at the exact same time,even though my tires are slipping the whole way off the start..I hit 2nd gear and we are still dead even, I'm thinking this clown might have an edge on me, but as I shift into Drive the "big barge" is passing up the black Buick about 2/3 of the way down the on-ramp! I'm in the zone and have the gas just glued to the floor doing around 95-98 mph and the Buick is by now about half a car length behind me! I get to the freeway first and win handily over the loudmouth in the Grand National. We both make our way back to the shops and he gets out walks over with my money and with a very disgusted look on his face hands me the cash and says "what the @#%* do you have under the hood"? I tell him just a basic 440 nothin fancy...he walks away, gets in his car and does a burnout in the parking lot before he disapears...my buddy's are amazed that I beat a turbo Buick, but I said it was close all the way till top end, and the 440 came through as usual for me! BTW,I took the 300 to Milan Dragway not too long after this and it ran a best of 14.19@ 99mph... All with full exhaust and street tires on a 85 degree day!

Plymouth Makes It!