I needed to install a shoulder harness bar on my roll cage, and I thought I'd have to resort to getting one made, but I found one online for a Jeep for $50 bucks, so I took a chance. I figured if it didn't fit, I could make it fit. It's a good thing I was prepared, because it didn't. It was about 2" too short, and it stuck out away from the backs of the seats too far for my liking.
So, I shortened the legs by 3". It was almost a shame to cut them off, because the notches fit perfectly. Well, Johnny Roll to the rescue! After cutting them off, I slipped on a Johnny Roll, and trimmed it to match the contours of the notch, and used it to mark the cut lines on the new ends of the harness bar. Broke out the angle grinder, and went after it.

I chop sawed it in half, and slid a DOM joiner tube inside, which allowed me to get the new length just right. I'll add a short length of DOM tubing over the joiner, of course, and add some rosette welds. I'm also going to add a pair of vertical bars that will join the new harness bar with the other horizontal bar below it.

Gone to the dark side with an LS3 powered '57 Chevy 210