Finally figured out where to locate the shock hoop support.

I decided to sell my current Dana 44 rear axle, and all of the parts I had collected for it, and step up to a 14 bolt FF rear axle. I went to a local pick a part salvage yard. I didn't bring tools with me, as I was more on a browsing/scouting mission to see what was out there. After about 10 minutes of looking around, I came upon a 2000 year cab & chassis with its 14 bolt laying on the ground underneath it. After checking it over to verify it was indeed a 14 bolt C&C, I noticed that the only things left to do to free it from the chassis was to cut the e-cables and the rubber brake lines. So, I drove out to the nearest Home Depot, and bought a bolt cutter (I didn't own one anyway), and went back there and made short work of those items. The axle assembly was missing the driver's side hub parts and axle shaft, but the guy I dealt with was really cool, and he said that I could come back anytime and pull a shaft out of another 14 bolt, and he won't charge me anything. Since I am going with Solid's 6 on 5.5" conversion hubs, I really didn't need the missing hub, but I used it as a bargaining chip to get the price reduced by $49.00. So, the final price I paid was $150, which I thought was
reasonable.

I cut off the shock brackets and the spring perches, and smoothed up the tubes.

I needed a more stable rolling platform to set this heavy SOB on, so I built a dolly out of some leftover steel I had lying around. Bought the caster wheels from Northern Tool.

The Corbeau Baja RS seats came in.

Gone to the dark side with an LS3 powered '57 Chevy 210