Quote:

I'm having withdrawals, what's happening? Did you get the engine back?

Not yet. Dan has been busy moving into a new and better shop. Once he's fully operational again, he will resume his engine magic. I was hoping to get the engine on a dyno by the end of this month, but it may have to get pushed into October. Dan is at the point where he can begin assembling the shortblock.

I've been keeping myself somewhat busy working on the firewall. I sand blasted the paint and rust off, and patched and welded up all of the unneeded holes. I've also been buying more engine parts, like the Quick Fuel 680cfm vac. sec. carb, Taylor spark plug wire set, PRW water pump, and some other small parts to get it ready for dyno day.
I sand blasted the wrinkle black paint off of the MP cast valve covers. I'm going to paint them Hemi Orange to match the rest of the engine. No rattle can paint job on this engine, I'm going to apply Eastwood ceramic engine paint with my detail gun.
Remember those shorty block hugger headers? Well, I sold them. Dan thought they would be restrictive on this engine, so the new plan is to build me a set of full length headers, with 1-3/4" primaries and 3" collectors, which will connect to a 2-1/2" dual exhaust system.

Gone to the dark side with an LS3 powered '57 Chevy 210