Spent my Sunday cleaning and prepping the Dana 44 front axle. I sprayed it down multiple times with purple degreaser, and blasted it with my pressure washer. After that, I cut off all of the brackets, and ground the axles tubes smooth. I would have removed all of the outer parts, but my efforts came to a screeching halt when I saw an inner spindle nut that requires a special tool to remove it. Found one online and ordered it.

My tires are on the way, should be here Wednesday. I bought Nitto Trail Grapplers, size 37x12.50R17. If any of you truck guys are looking for the best price on tires, check out discounttiredirect.com. I did a ton of internet surfing for tires, and they have the absolute best prices.
I ran into a road block with the wheels. The ones I wanted are on national back order, with at least a 10 week wait. The sticking point is that I want a wheel with less than 4" backspace, 3.50" would be ideal. The only other wheel I can find that fits my size needs are Allied RT51 beadlocks, which are more than what I want to spend. I would rather not use wheel spacers, not to mention they cost $200 by themselves. I need to consider my options some more.