The Northern rad came in today. After having to fabricate so many brackets and stuff on the Duster, its refreshing to be able to buy something and just bolt it on.

Originally, I was going to go with an HHR fan assembly from rockauto.com, but after much reading on the 'net, I decided to go with a new 1995 Ford Thunderbird electric fan assembly from rockauto. It was only about $12 more than the HHR fan, and it has a two speed fan motor, as opposed to the HHR's single speed motor. It will be thermostatically controlled by a DCC controller. The T-Bird fan is basically the same as the vaunted Lincoln Mark 8 fan, which is claimed to be slightly weaker than a Category 4 hurricane. The fan is a monster 18" in diameter, and since the fin area of the rad is 18-1/8" X 19-1/4", it is absolutely the biggest fan I could possibly fit.
To prevent rust from forming, and to stop rust that may be present, I coated the hard to reach insides of the hood structures with Eastwood Internal Frame Coating. I then sprayed two coats of epoxy primer on the hood, followed by 3 coats of high build primer.
I should be receiving the completed engine by the end of this month. Once its back at DusterDave HQ, progress on other parts and subsystems of the Jeep will really start to move along.

Gone to the dark side with an LS3 powered '57 Chevy 210