I helped pull the 44's out of this, an '86 Grand Wagoneer. The old girl looked a bit tired and long in the tooth.

I picked up a low miles 318, along with an air gap intake, Crane roller rockers, MP cast finned valve covers, and a new in the box Melling HV oil pump, all for $200. My friend offered to give me this stuff for free, but I didn't feel right about that. The intake, valve covers and rockers are for late model magnum heads, so that's what I'll use. I've got a line on a new unused set of magnum heads, I'm just waiting for the seller to email me back with shipping cost.
Here is the 318 block taking a nice, long soak in degreaser. It was really, really grimy, inside and out.

This is going to be an ultra low buck build. There will be no machine work on the block. We're going to run a flex hone through the bores to restore the cross hatching, buy a set of KB hypereutectic pistons and moly rings, new bearings, new Comp 270 hydraulic cam, lifters, pushrods, polish the journals, have the rotating assembly balanced, and slap it together. I will spend the money on a new Holley 600 and MSD distributor, though.