Quote:

A good winch being expensive, most folks don't want to buy 2, so you run power to both ends, mount the winch to a receiver plate and use heavy Andersons or something like it for the connection and then you have a portable winch that can be carried front to rear if necessary. The other advantage of course is that it is not just limited to one vehicle, you can have a set of jumper cables with the connectors for easy jumps, you can have a set of battery cables on a connector so it could be used with an extra battery in the back of a truck or on a trailer, lots of different possibility with the purchase of just one winch. Maybe I will start a thread on it since I have a few questions.

Yes, start a thread, I've got more questions on that subject. Your explanation was good, but if you could also add some pics to go along with it in your thread, that would really help. And you're right, a good winch is very expensive.

Another small update: just placed an order for the KB Icon .030 over dished pistons. They should give me about 9.4:1 compression, perfect for cruising the mall parking lots on a hot Florida summer evening.

Gone to the dark side with an LS3 powered '57 Chevy 210