Quote:

Quote:

You can hog those magnum heads out some for sure. This is the best pic I could find at the moment. There is a large restriction in the bowl below the valve seat. You can see this comparison on the 2 Magnum intake valves pictured. On a well ported Magnum intake throat, a golf ball will snugly fit all the way in the port and sit on top the valve guide, where it will not even closely set that deep on a stock port. Don't mess with the short radius that much, but the other 3 walls of the port should pretty much go straight down from the valve seat, eliminating the bottle neck.

That's some great porting advice, and I really do appreciate it, but my goal (for this application) is making good low end torque, not big HP numbers. I'm looking to make around 300 HP, which will be plenty for the Jeep, and from what I've read, the stock heads are supposed to support up to around 400 HP.

Well, looking at your Duster, I suppose it was kind of goofy to try and suggest porting ideas to you anyway!

Scott B. "I'm a self-made man... I started with nothing, and I still have most of it!" 68 360 rusty B'cuda 'vert (GO Fish)13.59@ 98.72 mph 69 340 GTS stock 14.18@ 95.60 mph 01 5.9L Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 01 3.5L 300M 16.23@ 86.97 mph