Not much actual progress to report. I've been buying lots of engine parts and having them shipped to Performance Only.
I finally got around to laying down some coats of epoxy primer on the fuel tank and transmission skid plates. I found an awesome, super tough, industrial-grade epoxy primer. Its made by Dupont, and its called Colar 2.1 ST. It is so thick, the label describes it as High Solids Epoxy Mastic. It can be brushed, rolled, or sprayed. It needs to be reduced 10-15% in order to spray it. Still, I had to use a gun with a 1.7mm tip in order for it to spray. I tried my 1.4, but that didn't work. Its designed to go on with a high film thickness, and it doesn't lay down smooth. It dries to a satin finish, and leaves a bit of a light texture, which looks good to me on the skid plates. The guy at the auto paint store told me this primer is used on offshore oil platforms, which is probably the harshest environment for coatings, so it should do a great job protecting my skid plates. Best of all, its relatively inexpensive.

Here's the rundown on the 318 stroker engine specs:
'83 318 block, bored .030 over
NOS magnum heads, stock
Scat 4" cast stroker crank
Eagle SR rods
KB Icon Forged dished pistons (comp. approx. 9.4:1)
Total Seal rings
Comp Cams hyd. flat tappet cam: .516 lift, 239º/246º dur. @ .050
Professional Products air gap dual plane intake manifold
Quick Fuel Slayer 600 cfm carb
Melling HV oil pump
MP rear sump truck oil pan
Pro Gear timing chain set

She's gonna climb hills like a billy goat on steroids!!

Gone to the dark side with an LS3 powered '57 Chevy 210