Quote:

Quote:

The new magnum heads came in. With these heads, the 390 should make great torque down low.

Dave.....you mention new...??? Are those stock magnum heads from Ma Mopar or aftermarket..???

318/390...cool to see your going to stroke the 318....who's crank, rods and pistons are you going with...???

I remember "mild 318" being mentioned in your 1st post....funny how plans tend to escalate.....it's a sickness....lol

Rickster

I bought the heads from a Moparts member. They are 10 year old factory heads, so they aren't "brand new", but they were never used on a running engine, just used for mock-up purposes on some engine builds. I looked at them closely, and I see no evidence that they've ever been used.
I'm going with an Eagle cast 4" crank, stock rods, and KB forged pistons. I wish someone made hypers for this combo, because I don't really need forged slugs in this application. The KB's are the least expensive pistons I've found for the 4" crank combo.
The extra cubes are tempting, because it doesn't cost that much more to go from 318 to 390. Big torque down low is what I'm after.