Quote:

1st and what I feel is most important..the sections of rear frame rails that you built... You stated that you were going to tie the pieces together. They are still butt/seam welded. You are still going to go back over those right???

At the time, I did so much work on the frame, I got lazy and left them off, but even though I've shot a decent paint job on the frame, I'm going to add reinforcing plates over the joints when I pull the body off, and repaint those areas.

Quote:

2nd, I had planned on building a very similar rear swing out spare tire carrier..My question is, how do you intend to lift the new/old tire to put it back on the carrier? I tried lifting my 33" tires mounted to steel 15" wheels..I've squatted a max of 385lbs 12 years ago. They aren't light. And you have 37" tall tires!!

Kevin, I can bench press 385 in reps of 10, so the tire weight isn't an issue for me.
Seriously though, my tire and wheel combo weighs about 112 lbs., and because of its size, I need a hand picking it up and getting it into place.

Gone to the dark side with an LS3 powered '57 Chevy 210