Last year I tested allot with the 60% delay and found it good for casual cruising. I am now testing the 40% delay and it appears to be a bit more aggressive which makes sense.

Last year, I was testing the "air gap" on the secondary pump cam and it actually worked great with the 60% delay linkage. Last year, I was also using a non-vacuum advance distributor which gave me 34 degrees total timing. I started out a couple of weeks ago trying to use the same "air gap" on the secondary side but this year I added a vacuum advance distributor which gives me more time from idle and up. I have not been able to make the "air gap" work so I have gone back to the standard gap setting. I think that the extra cruise timing this year has made the biggest setup change.

So far, I have been testing with the 40% linkage and I am swapping around the pump cams to see what works best. The extra timing is making me go with larger pump cams this year. My initial timing from last year was 24 degrees and now with the manifold vacuum advance setup, I now have 32 degrees timing at the same rpm. So this is wanting a little more cam on the front side. Now I am trying to select the correct rear pump cam and the interesting thing is that I am seeing an A/F change on the meter with the different size pump cams at accel and especially at WOT. I am now trying to get my light acceleration A/F down in the 13.6-14.0 range and then get my medium acceleration A/F in the low 13's and before the pump cam swaps, my WOT was 12.4-12.6. Last night after some larger pump cam changes, my WOT A/F spiked into the 11's. So I will keep adding to the P side and then reduce the cam on the S side to try and get my WOT numbers back into the 12's while richening up the accel A/F numbers.
Note: When my accel A/F numbers were in the high 13's to low 14's, the accel power was down. Now that I am approaching the mid to low 13's under different accel conditions, the car definitely feels much more responsive.