Y07_A66:

The oil in the intake runners is hopefully only a gasket issue! As you probably know, the big block uses an integrated valley cover and intake gasket made of metal. This works fine with with cast intakes and heads, and the higher torques applied when those are in use. With the aluminum intake and heads and lower torque values, there appear to be mixed results. Some will state they have had no issues with just the tin gasket, others will say you need to use paper gaskets in addition on one or both sides of the tin. To add to the situation my block has been decked which slightly changes alignment.

The other variable is gasket sealer, and again there are lots of opinions and testimonials to what works and what doesn't, with no clear consistent results. Originally I had paper gaskets on both sides of the tin gasket, because I was concerned about the effect of the block decking. Last weekend I redid the intake, and now just have a paper gasket on the intake side of the tin. Hopefully that will do the trick. Next step would be to just try the tin by itself. The final step would be to use a separate valley cover, but that would entail doing some clearancing on the bottom of the intake (trying to avoid that). My old M1 SP would clear but the RPM DP would not.

It is going to be smoking hot here this weekend as well, but I will still complete putting everything back together and take the car out for a spin to try it out. At least my motor doesn't run hot!

Dave