Quote:

I got my first day out in the car with the O2 sensor. This is what I found (67 degrees):
N=1000rpms 13.4-13.6 15"hg (rich?)

I would still use the old tried and true vacuum gauge and tachometr method to set the idle, and I'd ignore the meter. The engine wants what it wants.

Quote:

D=800rpms 13.6 11"hg (rich)

See above.

Quote:

light accel from stop = 13.8 (good?)
light accel with pv open = mid 13's (good?)
Cruise:
40mph= 2200rpms 15.8-16.0 (lean?)
45mph= 2400rpms 15.6 (lean?)
50mph= 2500rpms 15.4-15.6 (lean?)
55mph= 2700rpms 15.4-16.0 (lean?)

Pull a few spark plugs after cruising at 16.0 and see if the engine is happy running that lean. Some are, some are not.

You appear to be going leaner as the RPM increases. Here's what I'd like you to do: stay out of the secondaries and stay out of the power valve, and run the car slowly up to, say, 4 - 5,000 RPM in 1st or 2nd gear and see if the AFR continues to climb lean. If so, you need to fix that. If the plugs aren't snow white, and it doesn't continue to go leaner at higher speeds/RPM than you've checked, you have a starting point that some people would kill for.

Quote:

I did not test WOT. I was just out for a cruise for the first drive of the season.

Good. Just be sure it's plenty rich, then tune it after you've got the everything else right.

Quote:

Are the 15.4-16.0 readings too lean?

Is the 2200-2700rpms on the main jet circuit or am I still on the transition circuit? I believe that 2200rpms and up are my jetting but I am not sure.

That is more dependent on throttle position than RPM. Do you have a good feel for how far the throttle plates are open? Are they much past the t-slots or are you just cracking the throttle 2 - 3%? If the throttle is barely cracked and the manifold vacuum is high, it's a sure bet it's the transition circuit.

Quote:

It was VERY windy (45mph + wind), but I did not notice any surging or pinging sounds.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Post some info such as primary jet size, MAB size, number, position, and size of primary emulsion bleeds, etc. This carb has 1 - 11/16" throttle plates, right?

If the thing stops climbing lean past 55 MPH/2,700 RPM, you're in VERY good shape!

Jim