Accelerator pump was not disconnected. I think it is not apparent in the part throttle dyno logs for two reasons. First is that the throttle is already far enough open that the pump is little needed. In theory, pump shot is mostly to help the 'idle circuits' which can't respond to changes the way the mains can. Second reason is the throttle movements were gentle and relatively small. Any pump shot contribution would be spread out over the time of the throttle movement.

Attached is a screen shot of some part throttle crowds going uphill. Its a different carb, a 650 vacuum secondary that I was mucking up, err, learning on. Here it is set up with an 8.5 PV and the primary jets are too rich. But the main point is you can see a very brief lean pike with the begining of each increase in throttle. Could be the accelerator pump (or lack of it). Its a less than a second, and doesn't show on the accelerometer nor was it felt.

Only for the light part throttle was the vacuum held steady or 'crowded'.
-
edit. The few seconds notiicbly richer in the begining of the Light Part Throttle probably is from accelerator pump. Since I had lifted just before, the throttle position was starting from nearly closed. Thats a longer period than I normally see when logging the for pump shot tuning. Usually its all done in a second give or take a little.

Last edited by Mattax; 03/27/12 12:50 PM.