Quote:

I guess there could be some value to it, but as you highlight it is likely to create a new problem at the low end of the transition. I don't think I'm going to head down that path.

Hi Dave:

I didn't mean to scare you off from the TSRs. I just didn't want you to think you'd found the magic bullet that would fix everything. I can say this...with low idle/high cruise vacuum engines with rich cruise such as the one you're describing, I've never failed to make some improvement with TSRs. I've also never totally fixed the problem with them either, for reasons previously described.

And really, you don't even have to drill passage "H" - it's already so close to 8-32 that all you need to do is tap it 1/2" deep or so. If the TSRs don't work out for you, you just remove them and go on about your business. No harm done whatsoever. I don't want tyou to think installing TSRs means butchering your carb.

You also talked about delaying the start of the mains, which is another option that might work. Personally, I'd like to see the transition limited first, and mains working as early as possible. I think the end result will be better that way.

So far, we've talked theory and generalities. What are the specifics of your setup?

Yes, I'd drive to Raleigh for a good cruise-in, recommended by a local who's in the know. I finished installing a Keisler TKO 600 in my sig car JUST before they announced a better option, and just before Jamie Passon announced his new bolt-in overdrive tranny. Sigh. Talk about great timing, huh?

J