I think that I have my cold startup problem cured with the Holley Choke Delay Kit. This choke delay allowed my much leaner idle circuit to richen up long enough to get some heat in the motor.

After the engine reached running temp, I leaned out the N reading a little bit more and now I am at 13.8 on the O2 gauge in low 40's outside temps. I will lean this out some more as I drive the car, but for now I am comfortable with that reading. I noticed something that confuses me and I am looking for an answer. In N, the car was showing 13.8 on the gauge, then I dropped the car into D (with my foot on the brake) and the rpms dropped down to 850rpms (which is typical), but the O2 gauge LEANED OUT to 14.2. I was guessing that the 13.8 reading was going to go richer once I dropeed it into D with the extra load, but I was surprised to see it go lean to 14.2. Why did it do this? Is this typical?
EDIT: Am I idling in N on the transition circuit and when I put it in D, it is idling on the idle circuit?

I am just trying to understand the readings a little more before I get it out on the street and start tuning the other circuits.

Thanks allot.

Last edited by YO7_A66; 03/29/11 10:30 PM.

1970 YO7 A66 [Canadian Export] F8 Challenger
340 (Currently in shop for stroker assy.)