Thanks Dave. I am glad to have it back.

I have been able to do plenty of testing with my N idle/in D idle and what I have found is that my setup idles best in the 13.5-13.8 range in D. I had the D idle setup to 14.0-14.2 (couple of times with different outside temps) and it idled too choppy and the rpms were moving around too much at a stop sign/light. I have also found that my N idle numbers are usually in the same range as the in D A/F ratio once I move the gear selector from D to N after it has been driven and up to temp. The rpms still go up once it has been changed from D to N, but the A/F stays pretty close.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

""When the throttle closes, the vacuum level is likely going very high, and pulling more fuel thru that circuit. I doubt there is much that can be done about that on a carb.""
- That is what I was assuming but I was not sure. Thank you.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
""how much does your AFR change immediately following a gear shift?
- During light accel to cruising speed, I do not recall much of a fluctuation in A/F readings. From gear to gear at WOT, I have not tested that one. I have only tested WOT from cruise until the car shifts at the WOT shift point, then I let go and take my notes. Once I get my pumps dialed in, I will check that out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of getting my pumps dialed in, what A/F number should I be aiming for under light accel and medium accel (before the power valve kicks in)? I am currently getting 13-8 to 14.2 depending on the cruising speed. The idle accel (from a stop) seems to be in the 13-8-14.0 range and my cruising accel seems to be in the 14.0-14.2 range. This seems a little lean to me, what do you members suggest?

Thanks to all.

1970 YO7 A66 [Canadian Export] F8 Challenger
340 (Currently in shop for stroker assy.)