Quote:

I think the primary author of that thread where you took those illustrations would rather disagree with your fourth sentence. One of Tuner's points is that emulsification is not a primary goal. Also the top emulsion-hole and 'kill bleed' hole are used in the main circuit to vary the initial pressure drop. Here's the thread, Mr Tuner sir, Holley emulsion holes? you can decide for yourselves. Motorhead's graphic will show up in the second thread linked at the end of that one.

Mattax,
Thanks for clearing that up.
I'm no expert, didn't know anything about Holley's until a year ago. But trying to learn more everyday.
Can't find it anymore, but the statement I made came from the innovate forum too.
Agreed lot's of good reading there.

Quote:

Fredrick,
I think what you and Dave have been discussing is basically correct. And agreed you have to get the float fixed because that's effecting the pressure head and everything in the wells.

My only additional recommendation is to determine the HSAB based on the wide open throttle acceleration through the top of the RPM and load range. Your engine may be perfectly fine going to 16:1 AFR before the PV kicks in. It depends on the engine and the load. If you hold it at that point and it goes flat and loses power, then its too lean. In that case, adjust the main jets or open the power valve sooner.

Also take a look at your the spark plugs after doing that.

PS. As you may have seen on the Innovate forum, I found it useful to do testing with the secondaries disconnected.

Thanks, good to know I'm on the right track.
Am I correct in understanding that with a flat fuel curve of say 12.5 at WOT the mixture will still go lean on medium acceleration before the PV opens?
And that if you get problems you can't fix them with a different air bleed?
I'm genuinely interested in this and I haven't been able to find anything on this on the innovate forum.
Only that Tuner said the it's normal the mixture would go lean before the PV opens, but not why or how to solve it.(if it becomes a problem)

383B, 9.8:1, Lunati 60302(220/226@0.050 262/268Dur, 0.475"/0.494", Stealth heads, Performer manifold, QF SS-750-AN carb, 3.31Diff, A833 4-speed manual.