Dave,

""As I remember, using the #2 pump cam position increases the volume, in addition to delaying the start. This is not what you need.""
- Good catch, you are correct.

""If the smallest squirter doesn't tame the spike some, I wonder if increasing the AP clearance on the secondary side only might help slightly decrease the total pump volume and the discharge onset.""
- BINGO!! I did not think of this before, but turning in the screw should do the trick. I will pull the black cam which has a more aggressive lobe up to about 50% travel than the pink cam, and put the pink cam in there with the additional clearance. Thanks!

""So the low end power change was due to the PV. Where you able to observe a difference in the low RPM AFR at WOT with the different PV in place?""

- Yes the change was definately from the HF power valve swap. In this carb, the two door pv did not have much response once the vacuum dropped below the rated level. As soon as the HF unit was back in, I could definately feel the difference. No, I did not observe the low end A/F ratio. I waited to watch once I got higher up in the rpm range.

I was thinking of adding one more jet size to the secondary side to see if that would bring the WOT A/F down into the high 12's. I might try that if I get bored. That would take my 75's to 76's.

Thanks allot for your help Dave.
Are you thinking of testing a high flow pv to help with your lean spot?

Last edited by YO7_A66; 07/24/11 10:29 PM.

1970 YO7 A66 [Canadian Export] F8 Challenger
340 (Currently in shop for stroker assy.)