""I do have a lean spot at cruise when I go to a medium accel. My A/F goes from the low 14's to 16 then back down to the low 14's. This must be from when the secondaries are opening with the BLACK/031 cam/squirter combo. I am going to test a 037 squirter to see if that fixes the lean spot.""

I have been chasing this lean spot and I found something that I did not know. This lean spot is when I am cruising about 50mph or so and then I slowly apply pressure to the pedal. I keep adding pressure until I get up to about 70mph or so. The gauge stays in the 14 range (which is my current 40mph-70mph cruise reading) and then the gauge jumps to 16 for a second and then comes back down into the low 14's again. Since my secondary linkage is setup with the 40% delay, I was first thinking that when the secondaries come in, then I am getting the lean spike to 16 until the secondary circuit catch's up to return the A/F back down to the 14's. But now after some testing I am not sure. I started out with the secondary pump cam/squirter at black/037. Then I swapped in a .047" squirter and had the same A/F lean spike into the 16 range. Then I swapped out the black pump cam (smallest cc) for the white pump cam and kept the .047 squirter and I had the same lean spike into the 16 range. Then I jumped up to the orange cam and I still had the lean spike. Apparently the lean spike might be on the primary side instead of the secondary side. So I will swap the squirter on the P side to see if this helps.
But what I learned thru all of the cam swaps today was with each pump cam swap on the secondary side, my 50mph to WOT A/F reading stayed at 12.4 and leaned to 12.8 at my shift point. Even though each cam has a larger cc rating (black, then white, then orange), the cam size did not affect the overall A/F reading at WOT. I though for sure that I would have seen an A/F change after each cam swap. The outside temps only changed by 2 degrees during the swaps so the weather did not affect the outcome.
The overall A/F was not affected by the cam swaps but the performance (seat of the pants) was definately felt. The black cam was a little lazy when the secondaries kicked in under medium to heavy accel. Then the next larger cam I tried was the white cam. This cam brought in the power a little better over the black cam. Then I moved up in cam size again to the orange cam. This cam really woke up the motor when the secondaries kicked in. The orange cam made a big difference in performance over the little black cam from a rolling start to my 50-WOT acceleration.
So even though I felt the performance difference from the black cam to the orange cam on the secondary side, my WOT A/F number did not change.
EDIT:
The weather changed by 20 degrees and I upsized both sets of squirters and now I am seeing an A/F change with both orange cams. In the hotter weather, the orange cams are sending my idle to WOT into the 11's along with my 50-WOT A/F into the 11's. So my previous statement did not work for the cooler months but the cams sure start affecting it in the warmer temps.

This lean spike might also be when the carb is transferring from the transition circuit to the main circuit. So I might have to look at the front pump cam/squirter for some help, or richen my HSAB's up a tad to start the mains a little earlier.

1970 YO7 A66 [Canadian Export] F8 Challenger
340 (Currently in shop for stroker assy.)