I now have my cruising A/F numbers from 14.0-14.8 (40mph-70mph). I found that it was surging a little bit at 45-50mph at the previous 15.2, so I richened up the front float just a touch. I think for now on I need to keep my cruising A/F in the 14's.

I also have my pump cams/squirters close. I was using red/042 on the P side and red/040 on the secondary side but at 50-WOT, it gave me a rich spike at 11.8 or so. I was still only showing about 13.5 or so under a strong accel, so I wanted to richen up the Pside just a bit.
I am now running orange/037 on the P and the smallest black/031 on the secondary. This combo was VERY close to what I am looking for. My light accel was very smooth from a stop and it showed 13.8-14.0 under very light take off and no hesitation. I was showing mid to high 13's under medium accel and 12.8-13.4 under aggressive accel (not WOT) with the pv open. I also tried a rolling start (around 15mph to WOT) and the A/F dipped to the 12.4 again and hit 12.8 at the WOT shift point. My 50mph-WOT spike is 12.4 and it leans to the 12.8 mark at the shift point.

I am very happy with how the car runs today. All of my A/F numbers are in and the "Seat-of-the-pants" is fun all around. Now I am going to try and get some cruising miles on it.

EDIT:

I do have a lean spot at cruise when I go to a medium accel. My A/F goes from the low 14's to 16 then back down to the low 14's. This must be from when the secondaries are opening with the BLACK/031 cam/squirter combo. I am going to test a 037 squirter to see if that fixes the lean spot.

My next test will be to see what A/F numbers I have from idle in D (with foot on the brake, like at a stop light) to WOT with the DP carb.

Then I am going to try to see if I can switch from 91 octane to 89 octane once I have everything dialed in.

Last edited by YO7_A66; 04/16/12 01:00 PM.

1970 YO7 A66 [Canadian Export] F8 Challenger
340 (Currently in shop for stroker assy.)