""Compared to what I've seen, and what people post on forums like Innovate's, that's a pretty small idle air bleed relative to the idle feed restriction. However I can't recall anyone else really spending the time you have with an annular boostered carb.""

I have spent many hours searching the other sights looking for a good tuning reference on an annular carb. They are out there, but there is not much detail in how they tuned the carb and how they ended up in the tuning process. I have not found anyone that is using the smaller 60 main jets. I have found some using the .031 IFR's though. Mine came stock with .033" IFR's so I am fairly close. My carb cam stock with 068 main jets, but this just proves that with some tuning, the A/F numbers can be achieved. I have tried larger main jets but I had to use the larger IAB's to compensate for the cruising 30-60mph A/F. Then when I used the larger jets, the 60mph+ cruising A/F numbers went way fat. So my current .064" IAB's are just a tool to lean out my A/F numbers slighty to keep me in the upper 14's to low 15's. Actually, the last numbers that I posted were with 60 main jets and .060" IAB's. I want to lean those numbers out slightly so I put in some .064's and that should do it.

I started my tuning with the .028 IFR's and using the stock .071" IAB's and found my 30-60mph cruising A/F from 15.5-16.5. That is when I changed to the .031's and have been using them since. Then as I change the main jets, I then compensate with the IAB's to get my cruising A/F where I want it. I talked with QF about the 60 main jets, and they were surprised to see such a low jet but they also said that the annulars do pull allot of fuel and as long as I am getting the A/F numbers, then tune away. My vacuum gauge shows "0" at WOT, so the motor appears to be happy.

Note: My stock main jetting and stock pvcrs sizes were .068 and .059. I am now using the .060 main jet and .069" pvcrs which equate to the same volume.

1970 YO7 A66 [Canadian Export] F8 Challenger
340 (Currently in shop for stroker assy.)