Jim,

I'm very impressed that you are happy to drive your ride significant distance just for a car gathering....I hope I get my car to that point some day!

Really appreciate the information on the T-slot restrictors. I guess there could be some value to it, but as you highlight it is likely to create a new problem at the low end of the transition. I don't think I'm going to head down that path.

The M1 can accommodate a TQ, but all I have is an old 800CFM one which is too small. I vaguely remember that there was a 1000CFM race unit, but then I have to worry about all of the tuning parts, and as I mentioned, my perhaps not well founded concerns on fuel distribution. So for now, that is also not a path for me.

My intake manifold question is likely one that no one else can answer from a empirical standpoint, since there are so many variables involved. At this point, I am committed to trying the experiment, and will need to gather enough data under various conditions to hopefully be able to come to a definitive conclusion. If I come up with anything interesting in the next month or so, I'll post again.

Thanks again for the food for thought.

Dave