"My A/F gets rich quick when I drop down the HSAB's. The .039's work great on mine."

My biggest HSAB is .035, and I hadn't considered trying to go bigger because it seems I already have an issue with the mains not flowing enough soon enough, with an increasing load on the motor. As mentioned, it is hard to bring up the RPM against the converter without causing a nasty lean miss. Vacuum is a around 10" and there is no way for the transition circuit to deliver enough fuel, at least up to a .035 IFR. Perhaps I should try bigger HSAB but it just seems that I am moving the problem around and I don't know a good way to cover the hole between the transition and mains.

If I had a looser converter, then I know the load would be less at lower airflow (which would help), and I may have to change the converter sooner than I wanted. I have been hoping to get the motor running decent, and then get it on a chassis dyno to get some numbers to better judge future converter characteristics. In general, I just don't like a loose converter on a primarily street driven car. I'm an old 4-speed guy, and I still miss the fun of throttle responsiveness under small "gooses" when going thru the gears, and I have been hoping the tighter converter would help with the fun factor.

"If you go with the .035/.033" HSAB's, can you lean out your cruise with leaner IAB's?"

I have tried as high as .075 IAB, and it helps the cruise some (getting into low, low 13s) but it causes a problem with the low end of the transition circuit (too lean) while putt-putting thru the neighborhood.

Over the past two years I have been all over the map with carb settings. I've found various other issues as well, but still cannot obtain a setup where all of the carb circuits work well at the same time. My motor seems to be possessed at times!