"increased the size of the secondary MAB to keep my transition circuit active during my upper cruising speeds."

I would have guessed that the secondaries are closed during high cruise conditions, but if not, the secondary linkage change you are considered would likely guarantee plenty of margin to not activating the secondaries during cruise conditions. Just something to keep in mind during further tinkering.

"What conditions are your wires and distributor?"

The wires are MSD 8.5 super conductor, and are about 2 years old with a little over 1000 miles on them. The distributor is from a MP electronic ignition conversion kit, and it probably 11 years old, but with less than about 3000 miles on it. The control box is a 1 year old MSD 6AL-2 (replaced a MP chrome box). Plugs are NGK 6's.

I have been wondering about the distributor. However, I have been hoping to retain the vacuum advance for later experimentation, and the aftermarket distributors I have looked at so far don't have that feature. My shopping criteria is easily adjusted mechanical advance, vacuum advance, compatibility with the 6AL, and use of stock style plug wire ends. I could change over the wires if I had to though.

The distributor has been disassembled lots of time, while I have been tinkering with the advance curve. I don't think I did anything bad to it, but I guess it could be something subtle. The reluctor gap has been checked multiple times and seems fine. One or two of the tines are a little bigger than the others (insert generic statement about quality here...), and I use those to set to the gap. The distributor did have a noticeable problem with rotor phasing but I corrected that by adding shims under the vacuum canister to reposition the advance plate.

I also have wondered whether JimG still visits here. I have not had as much time to visit this site either in the last month or two, but I can't remember seeing any recent posts from him. Hope he is just busy enjoying his ride!

Dave