Quote:

My primary cam/squirter is good with a Red/.042" combo. This gives me a smoooooth light throttle take off from a stop to cruise in the 13.8-14.2 A/F range. This combo also helps keep my medium throttle A/F into the 13.5-14.0 range which feels strong. This is with a 10.5 high flow power valve, .069" pvcr's, and small #60 main jets.

Now I am testing my secondary cam position and linkage delay (40% or 60% delay for the mechanical secondaries). Like last Summer, I have found that adding an "air gap" on the secondary pump linkage (between cam and bolt) helped lean out the WOT stabs at lower speeds. I started out with a 11.0 A/F reading from idle to WOT and now I am down to a 12.0 reading by increasing the gap which limits the extra fuel of the secondary pump. I have a couple more tests to run (enlarging the gap about one full turn at a time) before finishing my pump cam testing. Making this "air gap" did affect my 50mph-WOT reaction but adding a larger squirter on the secondary pump fixed that issue.
I now know that for my setup, that my in D A/F, my cruising A/F, and my WOT A/F numbers are close enough to leave alone. Now for the timing of the secondaries.

Hi Dave,

Up to know I have understood and agreed with the steps you took.
But I honestly don't understand why you'd want an air gap on the secondary accelerator pump.
It just sound like you are working around the problem rather than curing it.
Also I don't think you can tune the accelerator pump without logging capability; things just happen too fast.

0.042 nozzle looks huge to me?

Frederick

383B, 9.8:1, Lunati 60302(220/226@0.050 262/268Dur, 0.475"/0.494", Stealth heads, Performer manifold, QF SS-750-AN carb, 3.31Diff, A833 4-speed manual.