Jim,

I have an old Holley 750 and even older 780 that I can pull the metering block off of, and see how well the height of the e-bleeds match with my current metering block. The QF block has 4 holes, drilled at .028 and tapped at 6-32. When new, only the 3rd hole from the top was blocked. I guess it is reasonable to assume they had a reason for leaving the top 2 .028 holes unblocked. Does that seem like a lot of bleed air to you?

As I mentioned, changing the setup reduced the AFR swings, but did not eliminate it. And the cruise AFR was still pretty darn rich.

To add insult to injury, tonight I pulled spark plugs and although my oil sucking problem is much improved, it appears there are still a couple of plugs with signs of oil getting into the chamber. So, I'm going to have to take another attempt at the pan gasket sealing. Given that it is pulling oil, it must also be pulling some air, but perhaps it isn't enough to really upset the AFR (or this thing would be even richer than it is!).

You may yet talk me into the transition slot restrictors, but I'm still trying to get my off idle transition right just with the reduced IFRs. My concern is that the t-slot restrictors will just make this task harder.

BTW, here are the details of my setup:
70 Cuda, 400/470, E-head, 10.8:1, 248*@.050, 112LSA in at 109, RPM intake (recently switched from M1 SP), 1 7/8 TTIs, full 3" exhaust with X pipe and Ultraflows. Carb Primary setup: IFR .034, IAB .072, jet at 73, 6.5" PV. Motor pulls close to 15" vacuum in park at 1000, and bounces a bit between 9-10" in gear at 700 (factory 440 convertor at the moment). The M1 use to bounce 8-9" in gear. Secondarys are disabled via adjusting screw on the QF vacuum pod since I'm trying to tune the primaries only at the moment.

At one time, I did check the fuel level relative to the top bleed, and felt it was below it. But I will definitely double check as you suggest, since it was hard to make a great measurement.

I should get a chance to tinker over the weekend, and will report back.

Dave