Quote:

Wow great stuff here.

I tried to post fishing for experienced answers about these issues here and got nothing. I'm currently trying to dial in my 750 dp for street driving and the tuning is starting to involve wires in the idle feed restrictions. I already ditched my main body for a HP version for the bleed tuning.

My issues are similar- I have a strong motor with a race carb that is a pain in the butt in traffic. The carb cruises super rich on the t-slots and the transition to the mains is jerky as the proper mix takes over and good power hits

I already switched from a single plane to an air gap and put a four hole spacer (secondary opened up now a three hole) in an uneducated attempt to boost the signal to the carb. I was thinking more vacuum would give me the street performance of a smaller carb but it probably just sucked harder on the rich mix in the t-slots.

Thanks for all the in depth tuning results. It seems like most guys just live with a bad street tune as long as wot is good. I moved close to work in a congested area so I need to get dialed in.

Radar:

I suggest starting another thread so this one doesn't get confusing. I'll be happy to chime in. There are other guys on this board who know their Holleys but but they've not posted. Perhaps I'm bogarting the discussion; I'll leave your thread alone for a day or two and see who else shows up.

Jim