"You are currently using a 7.5pv, what about using a higher rated unit? Your mains might just be starting which means your pv might help being higher once the mains are full on."

7.5pv is about as high as I can go right now. My in-drive idle vacuum bounces in the 8-9" range. As I mentioned, the torque converter is really tight, which puts quite a load on the motor. I know a looser converter would result in higher vacuum, but I'm not there at the moment.

"What about the rear jetting? Could it be too rich? If you go up on the primary jetting, this issue will get even richer. What about a 4-6 jet drop on the secondary side? The HSAB swap would be a quicker test though."

Currently I am testing with the secondaries disabled. On my carb, I can just turn a screw to adjust the secondaries, and closing it down should stop the vacuum signal to the pod, disabling them.

Between the two issues, I am thinking I need to try going up in pri jets from 69 to 71, and perhaps bump the HSAB from .025 to .027 and try again. Factory HSAB is .033.