I was all happy until I let the car cool back down and tried to start it up cold with the new settings. Once the choke came off the gauge jumped up to 18 and I could not keep the engine running. I then changed the secondary metering screws back out to 1 full turn (matched the primary side) and I got it to run but it was struggling in the 17 range until the engine got some temp in it and then it went back down to 14 again but it was not completey up to temp yet.
How can you achieve 14 plus in N and have it rich enough to get it to warm up?
I cranked my electric choke to the max setting and I left the ms's set at 1 full turn and I will try and restart it again once the engine is completely cold again and see what happens on the guage. If this does not do it, I may consider adapting a manual choke.

Would using the 071 IAB's and tightening down the ms's be better than using the current 075 IAB's and loosening the ms's, or is this achieving the same thing?
From what I seen earlier today with the 071's, I am guessing that I would be less than 3/4 turn outward on the ms's to achieve the 14 at N.
I am wondering if 14+ in N is just too lean of a goal. I just read a thread where someone said that it is better to run the N reading in the 13.0-13.5 range. I am not sure where to aim for now. The 13.5 range would allow the cold startup to improve until the warmer outside temps get here.

Note: This was in 53 degree temps which is a little cooler than I usually drive the car if this matters or not.

Thanks

Last edited by YO7_A66; 02/28/11 09:20 AM.