Originally Posted By AndyF
No, I don't have the right equipment to do that. I can shoot video with my iPhone and then do slow motion but I haven't tried it yet. My guess is that the iPhone can't slow down enough to see anything but I could be wrong.

The strobe does the work. Just turn the room lights down. Easiest way is using a timing light since it will be synced to the motor, so it will fire at the exact same time every revolution. It'll look like the valves aren't moving, but you will be able to see anomalies like spring oscillation, or various parts deflecting. You'll also be able to video it with just a regular cell phone at normal speed since it will only pick up the split second the timing light fires. If the timing light has that dial on it, you can delay the firing of the light to see the rocker at different amounts of lift. Just think of what the damper looks like when you're setting the timing. I don't know how long you can keep the motor at high revs, but just try it at idle and I think you'll be intrigued. Of course seeing a video with the clear covers would be great, too.