Originally Posted By Thumperdart
Originally Posted By B3RE
Originally Posted By cudadoug
There are several postes from AndyF regarding rockers in this thread. I thought Harland Sharpes got his 100% blessing for proper geometry. I don't know what your specific issue is, but RUN FAR AWAY from those rockers!

Rockers are no place to pinch pennies. Don't take a chance killing your expensive new bullet!

Anyone who saw our geometry display at Carlisle, knows Harland Sharps don't have anywhere near good geometry. Any roller rocker, for that matter, without some adjustment.

Guess I`m fortunate so far cos after lash caps, the scrub was decent and went from slightly outboard then inward on rpm heads and HS 1.5`s which measured 1.54 at the retainer. These are roughly 10 years old and I checked the guides and everything was good after a good amount of street driving and some passes........

Ok, time for another analogy. I bought a new Holley carb, and bolted it on right out of the box. The throttle bores lined up perfectly with the manifold plenum, and it fired right up. I've been fortunate, because I've been driving it for years now, and I've never fouled any plugs, so my carb must be spot on.
Dom, as a carb guy, does that make any sense to you? Just like there is more to a carb tune than not fouling plugs, there is a whole lot more than a centered sweep pattern and guide wear to proper valvetrain geometry. Not trying to bust your chops, just trying to apply some simple logic from the perspective of what you do with carbs. beer

Mike Beachel

I didn't write the rules of math nor create the laws of physics, I am just bound by them.