Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
I usually test this type of motor at a 300rpm/sec rate.
At that rate, the weight difference of the pistons and rods would be worth almost nothing.

Fwiw, I felt like the TF dyno numbers seemed a little high...... Especially when there are a few posts of 500"-ish motors making about the same power.

What does cubic inches have to do with horsepower? More torque, yes, but not horsepower. The heads, cam, and induction are going to dictate the horsepower capability
The cubic inches will only dictate where that peak horsepower occurs. If a larger motor makes significantly more horsepower than a smaller motor, there is a problem with the valvetrain not being stable enough to allow the smaller motor to rpm like it should. That never happens, right?
For example, their peak was at 5600 rpm, and so was my 505, but Trick Flows was at 6200 rpm. Since horsepower is a result of rpm, I'd say the valvetrain was a disaster on the MM build. If they could have gotten to 6200, the horsepower results would have been considerably different.

Mike Beachel

I didn't write the rules of math nor create the laws of physics, I am just bound by them.