Originally Posted By Jamie McGrath
Originally Posted By B3RE
Has anyone had any trouble with the Trick Flow heads not purging the air from the cooling system? We spent all morning trying to get the motor to stop running too warm during the warm up before starting pulls. I had the same trouble running it on my test stand before going to the dyno, and once the air gets out it is fine. It just seemed to take a long time. I had to run for some parts, and left the electric pump run for about an hour on my test stand, and it still didn't clear the air.

I will stick my neck out on this one, maybe its not the heads.... Maybe its the water pump housing not moving enough water? I think the better/best aluminum housing is the MP/DC housing.

Take a look at the housing passages, if there smaller than stock or you find a bottle neck restriction, I think you found the problem.

I considered that, but the passages are not restricted, and it had no trouble staying cool once the air got out. I had a similar combo with Edelbrock heads, and it purged the air with no issues. Who knows, maybe I just got a cantankerous one. Just thought I'd ask if anyone else experienced this with the Trick Flows.

Mike Beachel

I didn't write the rules of math nor create the laws of physics, I am just bound by them.