Originally Posted By dartman366
Originally Posted By B3RE
Originally Posted By dartman366
just how good of quality are these rockers besides being good geometry wise, will they hold up to the rigors of a bracket motor? and what about service after the sale, never heard of this company is why I ask.

You're kinda missing the point here. I'm not trying to talk you into running PRW rockers. What I'm trying to explain, is that all roller rockers need to have the geometry set, because it is not built into the rocker. You may find a rocker that fits on the head with the roller perfectly centered when the valve is on the seat, but that isn't good geometry. Nether is a centered sweep when the sweep is excessively wide. The pic is of a 505 pump gas street build with a .585" lift hydraulic roller and with that rocker, it has .029" sweep across the valve tip. The fact that it is centered, is because I offset the shaft accordingly when I raised the it to minimize the sweep.
FWIW, I avoid rockers that use ball style adjusters. I know that makes me a heretic, but I know the negative effect they have on pushrod side geometry. I'll just have to live with the shame.
not really missing the point, just asking about quality, I get it about having to adjust the shaft height to bring it all together, but it's been noted that some rockers are longer or shorter from fulcrum centerline to tip centerline,wouldn't using ones that are more correct in that respect be easier to start with?

Yes it would, but I don't know of any that are as short as they should be. The custom T&Ds I mentioned in an earlier post were made with a shorter fulcrum length so they wouldn't require additional offset. Considering that when the shaft is raised, the shaft and valve get closer together, you have to offset the shaft to make up for it. Any extra length of the rocker fulcrum, means additional offset to make up for that length. That starts causing issues with pushrod clearance in the head in many cases. Higher rocker ratios will help some with clearance, but not usually enough to avoid grinding.
In the case of the Trick Flows, they raised the stands .100", but didn't offset the stands any, so the rocker requirements are shorter yet. Since I am a Trick Flow dealer, I'm going to talk with their engineering department about some possible adjustments. It's nothing major, so hopefully they will be open to that adjustment.

Mike Beachel

I didn't write the rules of math nor create the laws of physics, I am just bound by them.