Originally Posted By BradH
Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
Off the top of my head, I can't think of a single time where I used those fel-pro paper gaskets and they properly lined up with all the ports on any heads. Generally, when you line up one pair of ports, the ones at the other end of the head are too far from the first pair.

Yep, the Fel-Pros are spaced too wide, the Indy SR gaskets are spot-on, and the Indy MW gaskets are too narrow.

For some odd reason, when Hughes CNC'd my "standard port" Victors, it looks like they spaced the ports approx. the same as Indy does their MW gaskets, so I have to cut "good" standard-port gaskets to fit that narrower port spacing. Hughes' own house-brand gaskets don't fit, either.

You'd think something this basic wouldn't be a freakin' problem, given everything else that goes into designing a head or a CNC program. This type of inconsistency plays He11 w/ intake manifold port alignment, too. realcrazy

I took the time to pull out the reverse engineering tool box and measure the location of the TF ports. Turns out that TF doesn't put the ports in a symmetrical location in regards to the bolt holes. The intake gasket as far as I can measure is symmetrical with respect to the bolt holes. One pair of ports on the TF head are shifted over by about 0.032 when compared to the other pair of ports. It is just enough that the gasket doesn't line up correctly.