Originally Posted By AndyF
Originally Posted By AndyF
Installed cam #3 today. This cam is a custom grind from Dwayne using Comp HXL and HXX lobes. 264/268 duration with .446/.445 lobe lift. Should have it on the dyno by the end of the week and we'll see what she does.

Also have a modified carb coming from Mark W. I sent him my Holley 950 to have annular boosters installed. We're thinking that the annular boosters will work better with the low RVP unleaded gas and cold temps. So I'll compare that carb to the 850 and 1050 carbs that I've been testing with.

Dwayne's cam picked up another 10 hp so the engine is now making 685 hp at 6500 rpm. Getting close to the 700 mark. I'm going to ship the intake off to Wilson for porting and I have another Dominator on order. Not easy making power on these pump gas engines!

The intake manifold gasket issue is a bit of a pain with the TF heads. The TF heads are fully ported so the intake manifold gaskets need to be perfectly located or else they overhang the ports. All I can say is if you're trying to make maximum power with these heads you will be spending a lot of time trying to figure out how to get the intake and the gaskets lined up. If you're just bolting it together for a street engine then don't worry too much, a little overhang one way or the other isn't going to cost you much. But a 700 hp an intake gasket hanging into the port can easily cost 10 or 15 hp.

Almost 700HP on pump gas using a std. port opening head that retails for under 2K!!!!
Now when the MW TF head shows up 750 should be a nice goal....
Brian

Brian Hafliger